Introducing the new Build (Beta)
With the Build Beta, you can now easily create branded experiences that go beyond social.
Campaigns such as showcasing a new product, growing your mailing list or inviting customers to an event can come alive via a beautiful & responsive standalone web page on its own custom domain.
The new Build features an intuitive design that offers adaptive previews across devices, too.
- Getting started
- How to create a page
- The building Blocks
- Create a custom domain
- Google Analytics support
- Export form data
GETTING YOUR SETUP RIGHT.
Build offers great customization, both in terms of the pages you create as well as the access levels you grant.
By default, all Admins will be able to publish pages.
If there is someone in your Falcon organisation you would like to grant permission to publish to, use the Global Settings in the Project Overview.
- Within the Project Overview, select the Settings icon in the top right.
- In the Global settings panel, select Permissions.
- Type the name of the user you want to grant access to & select them from the drop-down.
- The selected users will now be able to publish pages from Build.
STEP-BY-STEP: HOW TO CREATE A NEW PAGE.
- Within Falcon, select Build, and click Get started
- From the Project Overview, select New Project
- You will first be presented with the Editor, where you can add new Blocks
- In the Blocks menu, pick which Block you want to start with (from Header, Footer, Cover, Form and Image)
- On the left hand side, you can edit the settings of the Block, such as spacing, alignment, video background, visibility of elements and form details
- Once you have your blocks in place and are happy with the design, use the back arrow in the top left to get to your project settings
- In your project settings, add any Meta Data information, a Favicon (an image of size 48×48 pixels is optimal), social media image (which will appear in link thumbnails when sharing on social) and relevant Google Analytics tracking codes
- Click Publish and your page will be live
The URL of your page will be displayed at the bottom of the Project Settings section.
THE BUILDING BLOCKS
This section summarises the blocks that are currently available, and what you can use each one for.
Your page can include a branded header. You can customize the logo, the background (color, image or video), the placement (left, right or center) and the spacing.
Note, spacing and placement are relatively fixed to ensure the best adaptiveness across all devices. Exact pixel placement of elements would cause a page to render incorrectly on varying devices.
A cover block can be used to grab attention and attract a click from your customers.
A cover block features headline text, description text and a button. Each element can then be customized either through the inline text editor, or the left-hand side settings.
To add a video background, you will need to use the video ID of a video hosted on YouTube. For example, for this YouTube video, you would only require to use the _e2Kd8HuXEU element of the video’s URL.
You can also get the YouTube Video ID from the share options on YouTube.
Note, you do not need to make the YouTube video publicly visible – an unlisted or private video would work.
You can then choose to skip the first few seconds, mute the sound of the video, add a thumbnail or add a color overlay.
To optimize the experience on mobile devices and save data consumption, video backgrounds do not auto-play, so you will need to add a custom thumbnail.
A form is a great way to gather information about your customers, be it via an email signup or request for more info.
Forms can be customized to include various input fields, namely First name, Last name, Text, Number and Email.
You can alter the position of the input fields on the left hand side by using drag and drop.
You can also set required fields, meaning users have to fill in the specific input field in order to complete the form.
Terms and conditions can also be fully customized to align with your company guidelines. This option can also be hidden if not required.
Along with the Form itself, you can also customize the ‘success’ section that end users see after they submit their information in the form.
This could be a great way to give customers access to a coupon code, or just a way of thanking them for completing your form.
Note, the success section sits within the final page, so there’s no need to create multiple pages, one for entry, one for success.
Export form data
To extract the data you gather in your form, just head to the Project Settings and select the Data tab, followed by Export. You will then be provided with a csv file of your customers for use as you see fit.
A text block is a great way to add additional information to your page, without breaking up your customer’s journey.
A text block consists of a headline and description text, which can be customized using the inline text editor.
You can also customize the alignment, background and spacing of the block as required.
An image block can help showcase a product or add more visual elements to a page.
As with other blocks, you can customize the image file itself (via the diverse file picker), the placement of the image, the spacing and the background of the block.
The Footer block lets lets you punctuate your page with some closing text. This could be the ideal place for copyright information, or a quirky message to engage your customers even more.
New blocks will be added throughout the beta period and beyond.
CREATING A CUSTOM DOMAIN
By default, all pages created in Build will be hosted on the www.build.falcon.io URL. We offer the ability to host pages on a custom domain.
- To host to a custom domain, go to the Global Settings in the Project Overview
- Select Domains and type the domain you’d like to use in the textbox and click Add
- Create a CNAME record in the DNS configuration for the domain, pointing at the hostname we provide you with
- Await our verification of the DNS change has happened, we will check every 15 minutes
- You are then able to use the domain name for any of your projects
Note, you can setup multiple custom domains, and also select a subdomain from within the individual project’s settings.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS SUPPORT
Build allows for you to connect with your Google Analytics tracking to monitor the performance of your page.
Within the Project Settings, under Settings, scroll to Analytics.
Here, you can add your Tracking ID and any Custom Scripts.
Tracking IDs can be located under the Admin tab and Tracking Info within Google Analytics. Read more.
Please submit any queries & comments in-app or via email. Let’s build something special, together.