Reward your Facebook fans by allowing them to enter sweepstakes and win a prize or reward. A random winner can be drawn at any time inside Build under the Contestants tab.
The Sweepstakes application employs most of the features provided by Build such as creating customized visuals and selecting your preferred input fields.
If this is your first time creating an application in Falcon Social, be sure to read through our Introduction to Build.
STEP 1: SETUP YOUR INPUT FIELDS.
- Choose the data you would like to capture, and format to your desired style (font, size, colour). Examples of labels include Name, Email, Phone, Birthday, Zip, City, Country.
- You can also use Facebook Permissions to gather Contestant information.
- Add and style your own Newsletter opt-in so you have permission to add contestants to your newsletter database.
- Under Custom Terms, you can enable your very own Terms & Conditions, specific to this competition. The label text will appear on the main page, and contestants can click to read more details for the full Terms.
STEP 2: GO VIRAL.
- Enable Wallpost, add your Label (this will be the headline for your story), add a Description, and a visual to accompany the story.
- Add a Share button – Set as transparent if you’re adding your own button image, or use the template available. Format and style your text.
Tip: The visual for sharing is responsive but should however be at least 200 pixels wide x 200 pixels high.
STEP 3: SET AN EXPIRATION DATE.
What happens when the competition is over and you’ve forgotten to remove the application from your timeline? With Falcon, we’ve built a feature so that you can set an expiry date for your competition, and add a message.
Set your closing date and add a message for visitors who try to enter once the competition is over. Use the opportunity to add a call to action – drive fans to sign up for your newsletter, or visit your online store.
STEP 4: DRAW A WINNER.
- Found under the General tab, choose Draw a Winner.
- You can reset the winner if you plan to draw multiple winners during the sweepstakes.
Hot tip: You can make your application available on mobile devices using the Copy App Link feature. Learn how here.