Templates are custom responses that you can develop, save and re-use to provide consistent responses to common questions or issues you receive via social media. Within Falcon, you can use templates within Engage.
Using templates is a great way to ensure that you’re sending consistent responses to your followers. It also ensures that your team is equipped to deal with difficult queries in in a way that complies with your company’s social media guidelines.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO THE TEMPLATES SECTION?
In the Falcon Team Management system, both Administrators and Team Leaders can create new, edit and delete templates. Administrators are able to access templates for all teams within one organization; Team Leaders can only access templates in their own teams.
STEP-BY-STEP: HOW TO CREATE A TEMPLATE
1. If you are an Administrator or Team leader, go to Organization > Teams > select Team > select the Channel > click “New Template.
2. Create a Name for your template. This makes it easier for the team to recognize the appropriate template to use when choosing from a list of templates.
3. Enter the Text you would like for your template. This is the text that your comment will contain.
4. Select Save. Your template is now saved and will be available for you to use in Moderation and Publishing (please remember to log out/log in for the template to become visible in your template tab).
WHERE CAN I VIEW, EDIT OR DELETE EXISTING TEMPLATES?
Under the Teams tab, you can view templates attached to each team by clicking on the ‘Templates’ button of a team.
“Edit template” allows you to alter your existing templates.
You can use Templates as part of your Moderation activities. When you reply to a post, you have the option to select from the list of templates you have created and saved. To reply to a post using your templates:
Select the post you would like to reply to (it should open out on the right-hand side of the screen).
In the Comment box below the post, select one of your templates from the drop-down list and then select Comment to publish the template as your reply.
WHAT ARE SOME COMMON EXAMPLES OF TEMPLATES?
The types of Templates you will create will depend on the nature of your business. However, some general ones we have seen used quite well include:
- Product availability issues
Removing / deleting posts, i.e. violation of guidelines for page
Notifications, e.g. price increase or price change
Bad customer service experience
Referral: referring a customer to their local store for more information
Referral: advising the customer that an internal colleague will need to help with their particular query
We hope you find templates a useful feature in Falcon. Keep in touch with us on how they work for you.