Learn how to save time by importing messages in bulk.
Planning your brand’s social media messaging can be a great way to save time when you have a busy campaign coming up.
Within Publish you can import multiple messages and specify a date/time for each to be scheduled using a simple CSV file.
A CSV (comma-separated values) file can be created in a number of different tools. We recommend Google Sheets or Excel.
STEP-BY-STEP: HOW TO IMPORT MESSAGES TO FALCON
- Within your CSV file editor of choice, create a new file with two columns.
- In the first column, enter the scheduling date and time in the exact format: dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm (e.g. 01/02/2017 23:45)
- In the second column, enter the text & any URLs you would like to be added to the post
Note, each row of the CSV will equate to one new draft/scheduled post
- Save the file in the .csv format
- Back in Falcon, within Publish, select Bulk import from the Calendar
- Import your CSV file by clicking the import button, selecting from Cloud Drives or by dragging the file on to the Bulk importer window
- Select the publishing channels and add any relevant Labels for your new content
- Choose whether or not to shorten all URLs in the messages (click here to read more about the Falcon link shortener)
- Choose whether or not the posts need to be sent for Approval. If so, select Send for approval and choose the approver from the dropdown
- Finally, select either Create drafts or Create scheduled posts (note, moderator users will not be able to create scheduled posts)
The maximum number of messages that can be uploaded at once is 100. Also, only text & URLs can be added to posts; it's not possible to import multiple images.