Publishing to Tumblr.
Tumblr is a very customizable platform, which allows you to add a unique look to your blog by changing theme, colors, etc. It is a great way to extend reach and brand awareness by sharing all kinds of great content.
You can publish great text and image posts to your Tumblr blog directly from Falcon. This guide will describe how you can bring your first Tumblr blog post live via Falcon.
STEP-BY-STEP: TAP INTO TUMBLR.
1. Go into Publish.
2. You can create your post either by selecting Create New Post in the top left corner or hover over a date in the future if you want to schedule a post to go out later.
3. Select the Tumblr tab and choose which blog(s) on which you’d like to post
4. Click Create Post.
This is where the creative part starts…
- You can create either text or photo posts. Select one of the two options where it says Content Type.
- Text post: Simply start typing. The text editor allows you to format the text as you like.
- Photo post: You can upload your photo either by dragging it into the grey area, or by clicking the grey area, which allows you to browse your photo folders. You can also click the Cloud Drives button to upload a photo from Google Drive, Dropbox, Instagram, etc.
- See your post as HTML by clicking the pen symbol. To get back to text mode, simply press the pen again.
Once you have created your content you can:
- Add labels to your blog post just as you know it from the Tumblr platform. The labels will appear on your post on Tumblr and you will also see them in the preview as you add them.
- Schedule your post. If you want to plan ahead, you simply tick off the check box and select the date and time you want the post to be published, and then click Schedule.
Learn about adding a Tumblr blog to Falcon here.