Why do social media managers need a social media monitoring tool?
The short answer is because, well, you’re only human!
Besides, it’s just not ideal for anyone to constantly jump between multiple social media channels to keep a finger on the pulse of your brand mentions, is it?
But if you still insist on putting yourself in-charge of sifting through thousands of online brand mentions, then let me tell you a not-so fun fact.
This means that you’ve missed out on looking at 30% of possible engagement for your brand. And what’s more, people might have even misspelled your brand name or talked about your brand elsewhere without tagging you.
And this is just on Twitter. If your brand has got a foothold on all major social media networks, then just think about all those potential missed opportunities. Looking for mentions of your brand and the topics relevant to your business across these networks is like looking for a needle in a haystack.
This is why you need a dedicated social media monitoring tool to help you manage and keep an eye out for conversations that are relevant to your business.
What can a social media monitoring tool do?
A social media monitoring tool helps you collect key data that’ll help your brand go a long way in achieving your social media goals. Insights on your brand’s performance on social will help you understand your audience better, create more robust content, and make informed business decisions.
A social media monitoring tool let’s you:
- Monitor mentions of your brand
- Get competitive intelligence
- Track relevant hashtags
- Analyze keywords Discover trending topics
- … and much more!
We’ve curated a list of some of the best social media monitoring tools in the market to help you fine-tune your marketing strategy and perform better on social.
Before we dive into the 14 other (almost) equally great monitoring tools out there, allow us to introduce ourselves…
Falcon’s social media monitoring tool is just what you need to track trends and brand perception. Our tool draws insights from millions of online sources to keep you up-to-date and ready to act when opportunities or potential crises arise. You can track keywords, hashtags, and names—then see the results broken down by demographics and sentiment. Our advanced parameters allow you to narrow the search down with variables such as word combinations and exclusions.
- Discover a goldmine of information: from trending topics and hashtags to how your campaigns are doing.
- See the results broken down by demographics, sentiment and influencers.
- Set email notifications for unusual activity alerts and daily updates of selected mentions.
- Discover which social media influencers are interacting with your topics of interest.
- Receive automated reports of trending topics and mentions directly in your inbox.
2. Zoho Social
Zoho Social offers some great monitoring capabilities to integrate your social media monitoring efforts. You get a real-time stream of updates from your audience across all the social media channels that you can manage via Zoho Social. As a bonus, the monitoring tool also comes with a listening dashboard to help you listen to all posts relevant to your brand.
- Monitor core keywords, brand hashtags, product, and reviews.
- Discover new leads and listen to what people are saying about the brands you manage across your social channels.
- Track social engagement and notifications.
Keyhole uses AI to analyze audience sentiment to know how your audience feels about your brand and your competitors. Additionally, the tool also comes with social listening features to keep tabs on competitors and brand reputation. So, if you’re looking for a solution that offers both monitoring and listening features in one tool, Keyhole is a good option.
- Access all your direct and indirect brand mentions, hashtags, influencers and keywords in one platform
- Stay a step ahead with Keyhole’s volume predictions feature and get notified when posts about your brand are about to go viral.
- Keep tabs on industry leaders and react quickly to changing trends using Keyhole’s advanced online monitoring features.
The Hootsuite social monitoring dashboard helps you to stay on top of conversations on key topics, track the performance of your posts, brand mentions, and monitor competitor activities. Additionally, Hootsuite has these search streams that allows you to set up custom streams to zero in on essential topics, trends, and social profiles, and see what’s going on at a glance.
- Monitor conversations relevant to your business, your industry, and your products.
- Search for any topic or keyword, and filter by date, demographics, location, and more.
- Share and assign information that requires action to the appropriate team member.
5. Google Alerts
Google knows everything and that includes every mention of your brand or brand-related information. All you have to do is sign into your Google account, go to the Google Alerts page, and type a keyword or phrase into the search box.
- Get email notification every time Google finds results that matches the user’s search term.
- Set alerts for specific regions and languages.
Monitoring your brand on social in a nutshell means managing the reputation of your brand. ReviewInc gives an overview of your business’ online reputation which includes listings, ratings, reviews, and rankings with your competitors. You also real-time reviews from Google & Facebook within seconds and other review sites within hours so you can focus on resolutions quickly.
- Detailed reports on the competition and how they are ranking.
- See what your customers are saying on the most important review sites.
- Track reviews and ratings over time to see the positive progress with your company reputation.
Unlike other monitoring apps, Awario crawls over 13 billion web pages every single day for mentions of your keywords in real time. Awario also tracks mentions for keywords in any language, any given location, and across the web.
- Sort mentions by positive, negative, and neutral with sentiment analysis.
- Identify top influencers by social network, compare several alerts, and analyze progress with Awario’s analytics.
- Get email alerts in Awario for daily or weekly summaries of new mentions.
Synthesio is a fully integrated tool that delivers key metrics and insights that are critical to your brand’s performance on social media. Using the Synthesio social media command center, you can measure, benchmark, and analyze your brand health, content performance, and much more. The tool gives you real-time insights on feedback from your audience on your brand’s campaign performance.
- A breakdown of the hashtags, tweets, and URLs that are driving the most engagement from top social networks.
- Insights on your brand’s keyword mentions on top social networks to help you determine the influence of each user.
Mentionlytics helps discover what everybody is saying about your brand on both the web and on social media. The tool gives you alerts of your brand mentions allowing you to react out to them instantly from within the app. Using Mentionlytics you can find great sales and marketing opportunities by monitoring keywords related to your industry.
- Keep a close eye on your competitors by monitoring their brand names to see what they are up to.
- Find influencers to collaborate with to amplify your audience reach.
10. Crowd Analyzer
Crowd Analyzer is an Arabic-focused and internationally recognized social media monitoring tool. This tool has both English and Arabic dialects analysis. If you or your clients are based in the Middle East, this tool will definitely come in handy.
- Real-time alerts of your brand mentions allowing you to react to them instantly.
- Influencers’ analysis to help identify the most influential personalities within your industry and the ones your competitors are using.
- Analytics on your audience demographics, sentiment analysis, top brand mentions, historical data, and word cloud.
Glean.info gives you complete media monitoring services across all major social media networks, blogs, and public forums. Using Glean.info, you can track specific keywords and hashtags relevant to your industry and the ones your competitors are using as well.
- Share of voice compared to your industry competitors in all social media channels.
- Instant email alerts when fake news sites mention your brand.
12. Zignal Labs
Zignal Lab’s Brand Intelligence solution monitors the web to surface the issues and insights that matter most to your brand. Using Zignal’s competitive and market intelligence, you can leverage real-time data to reveal hidden insights about your competitors’ brand, products or business strategy.
- Monitor for mentions of your brand in real time to gain a holistic understanding of how your brand is being talked about across various media channels.
- Identify who or what is shaping the conversation around key topics – and target the right media and influencers to promote your brand.
- Monitor hot button issues and set up early warning alerts so that you can quickly understand and respond to a potential crisis.
ListenFirst’s social media listening tool for brand monitoring combines emotional sentiment analysis on conversation with owned social performance. The tool comes with a Brand Reputation Index that tells you how your customers feel towards your brand at any given time. This way you can measure your brand health and alert your teams to a potential controversy.
Measure and dive into conversation surrounding keywords and mentions to gain insight into trends and sentiment around a topic, brand or product in real-time. Uncover how customers really feel about your brand and get context around why they feel the way they do. Advanced filtering options by topic, theme, and emotion across platforms or by specific platform.
Ubermetrics Delta is your social media monitoring tool that identifies critical sentiment and volume changes in real-time and notifies you by text message or email. You can monitor your company name, brands and competitors in real time on online, offline media and print.
- Identify critical sentiment or conversation volume changes in real-time and react immediately with smart alerting.
- Identify key influencers and influence paths across media channels.
- Individual log-ins for your clients to allow limited access to Ubermetrics Delta.
15. Reddit search
Yes, you can perform keyword searches with Reddit! The Reddit Keyword Monitor Pro allows you to monitor the site for relevant keywords and phrases. You’ll learn who is talking about your brand, business, or competitors in the site’s 138,000 active communities.
As a marketer, you always need to be on top of your game to cut through all the noise and rise above the competition.
The 15 tools we’ve mentioned in this article offer an array of features to help you perform better and achieve your social goals. Based on your needs and what fits your budget best, this article should help you decide which one of these tools will boost your performance on social.